- In accordance with EU Directive dated May 20, 2015.
- Replace previous Belgian AML law dated January 1993.
- New Belgian AML law dated September 19, 2017 and published on October 2017.
- The scope is extended to NBB, guarding companies, gambling companies, Blosf service, service providers and financial planners.
- Adapt internal control and reorganize with assessment taken into account characteristics of client, products/ services, countries and supply law.
- Prior verification, review and permanent vigilance of the identification of client with notification of a-typical and suspicious transactions to CFI.
- Limitation of use cash to max € 3.000,00.
- Competent authorities: NBB, FSMA, Authorities of finance, partner institutions (FMI, IMF, OLAF, IBR, IAB, …)
- Administrative and criminal sanctions (from € 150 to € 1.250.000 or 10% revenues).